This is one such touching topic during this pandemic, which can break the hearts of most of us who love to travel for a holiday or professional purposes. But believe me, it is a temporary suspension. Things will be fine soon and it would be the right time to plan your trip once things get normal.
Travelling is important as it transforms us. By taking a break from daily routine and regular lifestyle, we should travel by staying away from technology and getting engaged in new activities.
Here are my top reasons why travel is important:
1. We get to learn and educate ourselves about new places, their culture and history. It helps us to pick new words in a different language. We might run into a difficult or tough situation where we need to be smart and think differently. It helps you to become much smarter in a demanding situation. It helps us to Connect to other cultures and people. It helps to expand our awareness and knowledge.
2. We all are human beings, not robots. We work like donkeys and lead a fast-paced life to compete with others to sustain in the market. Our body needs a break. We should take a break from our fast lives, recharge ourselves by travelling. It helps, try it.
3. Most importantly travel helps us to break various myths about new places, their culture, food and habits. We get various “first-time” experiences during the trip which definitely make us stronger; mentally, physically, and emotionally. Travel helps us to give some time to heal which in turn reduces stress and helps us regain enthusiasm for life.
4. We get a chance to meet strangers which may lead to interacting with them. It helps us to understand a distinct set of people with different mindset and approach. It also helps us to improve our psychology. It helps us to get to know ourselves better. Something like “Rediscovering our selves”. Believe it or not, social networks are real things – in real life. Damn, I know. Establishing new connections and building a network with new people is one of the smartest things you can do in today’s world.
5. Every trip will make you a better storyteller. You have lots of stories to share. Whom do you think people want to listen to? someone who spent his vacations at home doing cooking or watching soccer, or the one who spent a week in Goa, driving a scooty with his friends or sky diving at St. Kilda beach at Melbourne or trying some deliciously spicy food in Hyderabad? Think about it because I know which kind of a story I would like to hear. It creates a lifetime memory for your grandchildren. Believe me, you will be a best grandparent for your grand kids.
“The most magical thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better to come back”. Today, plan your new year trip for 2021. Go somewhere new where you have never been before. Try something adventurous! Love yourself, love your life and love to spend time with yourself and family.
“Travel opens up your mind, relaxes your soul and rejuvenates your lifestyle”.